Every holiday season, the opportunities to contribute to various charity organizations are endless - overwhelming even.
If you’ve followed our journey, you know we prioritize community service ALL year long, not just during the holidays.
But there’s something about this time of year that just makes us want to do more.
That’s why we have chosen to collaborate with Abide Women’s Health Services this holiday season to collect supplies for those most in need.
Abide Women’s Health Services exists to improve birth outcomes in communities with the lowest quality of care.
Founded by Cessilye Smith and Bethany Stricker, Abide is helping to tackle the maternal and infant mortality crisis in Texas by serving one of the most underserved communities in Dallas.
Their foundational goals are:
“To provide easily accessible, culturally competent care for all women who have need with the goal of:
• Reducing infant and maternal mortality
• Reducing pre-term birth
• Reducing low birth weight babies
• Increasing breastfeeding rates
• Increasing the number of midwives and birth workers of color
*We want to get babies to term and to their first year.”
And we at Precision Chiropractic think that’s something worth supporting all through the year, but especially during the holidays when so many families want nothing more than the experience of sharing the joy of the holidays with their own children.
We aim to serve every pregnant and birthing person in the best way we can, and this holiday season we would love if you would join us in supporting Abide Women’s Health.
Here's how you can get involved:
1. Pick up a collection bag at your next appointment and bring it back by December 20th.
We have various levels of support you can choose from - commit to several bottles of prenatal vitamins or just bring a package of tooth brushes and some menstrual hygiene products.
2. Swing by our All Day Collection Drive event on December 15 to drop off any of the items listed below.
Prenatal vitamins (Garden of Life or SmartyPants brands preferred) Iron supplements (Hemaplex or Solgar brands preferred) Probiotics (Jarrow, PB8, Garden of Life preferred)
Alcohol prep pads
Milk storage bags (no preference on brand) Nursing bras, all sizes
Latch assist by Lansinoh
Nipple cream (MotherLove, EarthMama AngelBaby, etc)
Baby clothes (like new; sizes newborn-12/18 months only)
3. Share this article to raise awareness and help us serve a community in need.
4. Set up a one-time or monthly contribution to support the work that they do.